Well prepared for a day at the beach
Did you know
- that wearing a face mask is mandatory on the beach promenade?
- that you only have to register on peak days?
- that registering for the beach is always free?
- that the beaches of Oosteroever and Oostende-Mariakerke are always freely accessible?
- there is a special beach team to monitor the beach?
- that it is always decided 3 days in advance whether or not registration is necessary?
Register here for a spot on one of the three busiest beaches:
Thursday 13/08No reservation needed
Friday 14/08No reservation needed
Saturday 15/08Reservation required
Sunday 16/08Reservation required
Monday 17/08No reservation needed
Tuesday 18/08No reservation needed
You can also register for free by calling +32(0) 59 29 53 38, at the Ostend Tourist Office (Monacoplein 2) or the UiTloket (Hendrik Serruyslaan 18A).
Frequently asked questions
Well prepared for parking my car
Cheap parking without stress?
Additional parking spaces are provided for this summer:
- Parking near the beach
- Parking cheaper than in the centre
- Easy connection by public transport
Parking in Oostende-Mariakerke
Parking on Oosteroever
Strandparking P3 AnkerstraatAnkerstraat 2, 8400 Oostende
Free - reservations not possible
Strandparking KV Oostende
Strandparking P1 NMBS-Zee
Strandparking Renbaan Wellington
Well prepared for taking public transport
- This summer, SNCB provides additional trains to Ostend. Follow the precautionary measures in the stations for a worry-free journey.
- Plan your trip at www.belgiantrain.be/en
- Upon arrival at Ostend railway station you will be greeted by the summer team. Let yourself be inspired by their info.
Well prepared for food & drink
Tip: Book your table in advance!
- A face mask is mandatory in restaurants until you're seated at your table. Please make sure you have one with you.
- Current measures force restaurants to limit their capacity.
- Looking for the perfect restaurant? Have a look here!
Take away & delivery
- Many Ostend restaurants and caterers also offer delicious takeaway meals!
- Or would you rather have a tasty meal delivered on your doorstep? No problem! Deliveroo brings meals from more than 30 Ostend restaurants straight to your holiday accommodation.
Well prepared to spend the night
- Did you book for more than one night? For your safety and that of the staff, the rooms are not cleaned, but each room is provided with fresh towels. Do you want the room to be cleaned every day? Please inform this at the reception when you check in.
- Face masks are mandatory in some hotels, it's best to check in advance with the hotel. Staff members wear one. They have all learned to smile with their eyes ;-)
- Only use the elevator with the people you share a room with.
- Ill or worried? We want you to fully enjoy Ostend. Stay at home until you feel better again.
- Starting the day with a hearty breakfast is very important. These days, you will find some more items already on your table but your breakfast will remain tasty and pleasant.
- Do you want to go to the beach during your stay? The hotel takes care of your spot, even on peak days.
Well prepared for shopping
- Please keep in mind that wearing a face mask is mandatory in the shopping streets.
- Keep your distance
- Respect the queue
- Keep right
- Avoid peak times
- Shop efficiently
- Follow the stewards' guidelines
- Face masks mandatory
- Preferably pay by bank card