TokTok, who's there? The first TikTokTour in Flanders!
Welcome to Ostend, the City by the Sea and the first TikTok city in Belgium.
No “boring” walk today, but a TikTok crazy tour through the highlights of our wonderful City by the Sea.
- Go to the TikTok locations indicated on the map.
- Watch the dances below linked to the location.
- Your turn! Create your own TikTok and tag #loveoostende and #TikTokOostende.
Good to know!
Together with Marilyn from SupaStar we've made an explanation video to help you get started. For example, in this making-of-video you can see the angle from which we filmed something, or what filter we used. Tip: TikToks can take up to 60 seconds! Challenge accepted?
Our TikTok sample videos sometimes seem to stop abruptly. Is something wrong? No! It's because in the TikTok app all videos are shown in a loop, and repeated continuously. Maybe you're watching our sample videos via our website tiktokoostende.be? That may be the reason why it sometimes looks a bit strange. Be sure to check out an example on TikTok!
Do you want your video to be found? Be sure to use one of the following hashtags: #loveoostende #TikTokOostende #fy #fyp #foryou #foryoupage
Discover below the coolest places to visit in Ostend and to make fun TikToks. Who knows? You might even pick up some of the beautiful artworks along the way!
Ready? Set. Go! Smartphone at the ready and let's TikTok!
1. The Crystal Ship: Jaune
No better backdrop for your first TikTok than the street art garbage men of graffiti artist Jaune!
- How To? Stop the music every now and then while changing the backdrop. Jaune's wall has many great possibilities. When you move, the person filming puts his / her hand over the camera for a fun effect. Be sure to watch the making-of! It will make it clear when you should stop the video and when the hand should be over the camera.
2. Rock Strangers
Deploy your TikTok superpowers against these bright red blocks by artist Arne Quinze.
- How To? Jump from one of the blocks, and choose "reverse" in the TikTok app for effects. It'll look like a superpower pulls you against the block. Add the "sway" effect at the end. Be sure to check our making-of-video for a good step-by-step plan.
3. Monument for a Wullok
Nature provides inspiration. Dance your TikTok next to this life size shell as an ode to the sea!
- How To? This TikTok is super easy! Just add the "holi" effect at the end for a mysterious atmosphere!
Marvelous! Here on the Vissersplein there is more than enough space to get loose with TikTok… but beware of the water of the fountains!
- How To? Record the TikTok delayed (before you start filming) by adjusting the speed to X3. You can indicate slowing down (tempo X3) in the basic settings of TikTok. Now you have more than enough time to walk around the square. Pay attention! At the end, the water returns to a normal tempo according to a slow-motion effect. A bit confusing? Just follow the steps in our making of video!
5. Floral Clock
It’s TikTok-o-clock! On this large flower clock you can see that it is time to... show your moves!
- How To? The person holding the camera should be actively involved in this TikTok! Why? His / her movements are just as important as your dance moves. Take a good look at the making-of to follow the different steps. The effects used are "Split-Four" and "Split-Six". Finish with a "Switch off".
6. Bandstand Leopoldpark
You are gold in this TikTok. Let it rain golden splashes in this ultra-romantic bandstand in Leopold Park!
- How To? An easy video but again with a special role for the cameraman / woman who has to waltz along! Don't forget to add your "gold powder" effect at the start of the waltzing. The making-of video will explain it all to you.
7. UMBRA Vertigo
These steps on the beach promenade beg for a dazzling dance. Create a TikTok here that would make even artist Léon Spilliaert proud!
- How To? Image and sound are out of sync in this TikTok. During the sitting jumps, use the tempo effect "X3" for the sound. Then go back to the normal rhythm with the dance. Easy to make, cool effect!
8. Royal Galleries
Play with the columns from the gallery and use them as cool tools in your TikTok video.
- How To? Cover the camera when you move in front of and behind the column. Don't look for a special effect in the app because you don't need it. At the end, just briefly shake the camera. Be sure to check out the making-of to see how this TikTok was made.
A dance with an open window on the sea. Make a TikTok with the sand between your toes and watch the backdrop change every time!
- How To? Here too we play with images and sound. Occasionally pause video and sound. Use the effect "sway" on the jump, and the effect "holi" at the end. Watch the making of to see when to go to the next pose!
10. White benches Kursaal Oostende
The last TikTok stop of our tour. You're not going to sit down, are you? You have to dance!
- How To? Choose a specific part of the white benches you want to use (and don't chase away the people who sit there having a little rest ). Do your show and afterwards use the colour filter "Rainbow strobe" from the TikTok app.