Safe shopping in Ostend
Our tips for safe shopping in the City by the Sea can be found here.
- Try to shop quickly and efficiently.
- Keep sufficient distance (1.5 meters) everywhere, on the street, in the queue and in the shops.
- Each shop has a maximum number of customers that can enter at the same time. This means you may have to wait a while.
- Shops have a clearly visible queue, with sufficient distance between everyone who joins. Thanks for your patience!
- In the main shopping (walking) streets in Ostend, pedestrians have to keep right. Take a good look at the signs and arrows on the ground to see which side of the road you can walk on. This way we avoid people crossing each other.
- Should it get too crowded in some shopping streets, one-way traffic will be introduced. Therefore, try to avoid peak times.
- Shopping stewards in the shopping streets ensure that everything runs smoothly. Follow their directions and tips to keep it safe for everyone!
- Face masks are recommended in public places such as shops and shopping streets. Thanks for wearing a mask if you have one!
- Wash or disinfect your hands regularly. In some shopping streets special sanitary stations are provided for this purpose and many shops also provide hand gel.
- Payment by bank card or Payconiq is preferred, thus avoiding unnecessary contact between customers and staff.