Ostend takes measures to prevent further spreading of the Corona virus
Please comply with government measures and do not come to the coast. Postpone your visit to Ostend, even if you have a second residence here or if you want to visit family.
Ostend takes the following measures to prevent further spreading of the Corona virus:
- A few hotels remain open for the time being, but their restaurants and bars are closed.
- All restaurants close from 14/03 to 19/04. Some restaurants offer alternatives such as delivery.
- Events are canceled until at least 19/04. For specific information per event, we refer you to the organization in question.
- Museums and attractions are currently closed until at least 19/04. For specific information per location, we refer to the relevant organizations.
- Shops are closed (excluding supermarkets, all food shops and pharmacies).
- The free ferry between the city centre and Oosteroever will be closed until 19/04.
- Our tourist information office is closed until 19/04, but we can be reached by email, chat and telephone: from Monday to Friday between 9 am and 5.30 pm. On Saturday and Sunday between 10 am and 5.30 pm.
From March 13, all public events will be postponed or canceled to prevent the further spread of the new corona virus.
Museums, attractions, cafes and restaurants will close until 19/04 or until further notice.
The Ostend information office (Monacoplein 2) is closed until 19/04, but will remain accessible by mail, chat and telephone: from Monday to Friday between 9 am and 5.30 pm. On Saturday and Sunday between 10 am and 5.30 pm..
We apologize in advance for any errors in our events calendar as many organizers had to cancel their events and are now looking for new dates for their events. We are happy to refer you to the relevant organizations for all correct and up-to-date information.
For more information about the coronavirus (COVID-19) in Belgium, we would like to refer you to the official channels: www.info-coronavirus.be.
In the meantime, we follow up on all reports and we will do everything we can to inform you as correctly as possible.