Ostend takes measures to prevent further spreading of the Corona virus
As of Monday 08/06 a visit of one or more days to Ostend is allowed again. Respect the rules and indications on the spot for a pleasant and safe visit.
- Hotels will reopen from 08/06.
- Cafes and restaurants may reopen as of 08/06, albeit with appropriate measures and they must close at 1 am at the latest. There are restaurants that also offer alternatives such as take away and delivery.
- Mass gatherings and events are canceled until at least 31/08. For specific information per event, we refer you to the organization in question.
- Museums and attractions are currently closed until at least 18/05. For specific information per location, we refer to the relevant organizations.
- Shops have reopened on 11/05, with due attention to the safety of both staff and customers.
- On the free ferry between the city centre and Oosteroever, a maximum of 11 passengers, of which a maximum of 4 bicycles, are allowed per crossing. In addition, wearing a face mask is mandatory as soon as one steps on the walkway.
Our tourist information office reopened on 11/05, with due attention to your safety. Follow the rules on site for a safe and efficient visit.
From March 13, all public events will be postponed or canceled to prevent the further spread of the new corona virus.
Museums, attractions, cafes and restaurants will close until further notice.
The Ostend information office (Monacoplein 2) reopened on 11/05, with due attention to your safety. Follow the rules on site for a safe and efficient visit.
We apologize in advance for any errors in our events calendar as many organizers had to cancel their events and are now looking for new dates for their events. We are happy to refer you to the relevant organizations for all correct and up-to-date information.
For more information about the coronavirus (COVID-19) in Belgium, we would like to refer you to the official channels: www.info-coronavirus.be.
In the meantime, we follow up on all reports and we will do everything we can to inform you as correctly as possible.