Can I have a barbecue on the beach?
Campfires and barbecues are forbidden on the beach unless one has a permit issued either by the city of Ostend or the Flemish Region.
Consent can only be obtained for a barbecue in the months of June and September, with a maximum of one per weekend. In addition, the applicant must meet the following conditions:
- The applicant guarantees that the activity/event has no commercial purpose.
- All guidelines issued by the Police and the Fire Department must be strictly observed
- The applicant guarantees that the beach will be vacated before 10 AM on the day after the event.
- The applicant must bear the costs of cleaning the beach.
- For the consumption of beverages only reusable plastic cups may be used.
To request permission, please send an email to uit [at] oostende.be