Agenda

112 results found

Full calendar

BEAUFORT - Im Gebiss der Zeit

Beaufort Sculpture Park
Im Gebiss Der Zeit – Norbert Schwontkowski (Beaufort 2006)

German painter Schwontkowski created two paintings for the Church of Saint Peter and Saint Paul in Ostend. He directly applied the paintings to the window glass in the narthex, designed by…

BEAUFORT - (Forever free) Three Graces

Beaufort Sculpture Park
(Forever Free) Three Graces – Michael Ray Charles (Beaufort 2006)

African-American artist Michael Ray Charles installed (Forever Free) Three Graces in Maria Hendrika Park. Although the trio of sculptures refers to the three graces that symbolize beauty,…

Sint-Petrus- en Sint-Paulus Church

The church St.-Petrus- and Paulus is a neogotic church built in 1907 which consists of beautiful stained-glass windows. The tomb of Louise-Marie, the queen of Belgium who deceased in Oostende, is situated in the chapel of the main altar (only to be visited upon request).
The St.-Pieter's…

Koninklijke Gaanderijen

The Royal Galleries were finished in 1905. They are approximately 400 m long and served to protect the middle classes from sun and rain during their walks. They connected the Royal Pavilion with the Wellington racing track. In the beginning of the thirties, the Thermae Palace was built next to it…

Mu.ZEE – Art museum at the seaside

Once a department store, now Mu.ZEE.

Mu.ZEE is the only place in the world that focuses on modern and contemporary art in Belgium, from 1880 to the present day. Mu.ZEE would like to share its iconic building, its beautiful collection and the growing knowledge about it with you and as…

Lighthouse Lange Nelle

Lighthouse "Lange Nelle" :
The famous lighthouse is the fourth one in the history of Oostende and the third one on this location. It was built between 1947 and 1949, rises 65 metres above the sea and guides the fishermen safely in the Ostend harbour.
The lighthouse is not open to the…

Kursaal Oostende

The building dominates the view at the Albert I promenade. The Casino, a design by Leon Stynen (1953) stands on the spot where in 1875 the first casino already stood. The latter was destroyed during WWII. After the war it would still be eight years before the current building was erected. This…