Agenda

16 results found

Full calendar

The Crystal Ship - Street Art in Ostend

Discover “The Crystal Ship” in Ostend: renowned and world-famous artists make enormous paintings on walls as well as fantastic art installations in open spaces.

Sea excursion Oostende

Embark and make a wonderful sea trip with the MS Franlis III from the port of Ostend! Enjoy the sun, the wind, the water...
You will pass big ferries, sailing boats, motorboats with fishermen in action with flying seagulls but also the beach and the dunes. The excursion (45 minutes) gives…

Sint-Petrus- en Sint-Paulus Church

The church St.-Petrus- and Paulus is a neogotic church built in 1907 which consists of beautiful stained-glass windows. The tomb of Louise-Marie, the queen of Belgium who deceased in Oostende, is situated in the chapel of the main altar (only to be visited upon request).
The St.-Pieter's…

Koninklijke Gaanderijen

The Royal Galleries were finished in 1905. They are approximately 400 m long and served to protect the middle classes from sun and rain during their walks. They connected the Royal Pavilion with the Wellington racing track. In the beginning of the thirties, the Thermae Palace was built next to it…

Lighthouse Lange Nelle

Lighthouse "Lange Nelle" :
The famous lighthouse is the fourth one in the history of Oostende and the third one on this location. It was built between 1947 and 1949, rises 65 metres above the sea and guides the fishermen safely in the Ostend harbour.
The lighthouse is not open to the…

Kursaal Oostende

The building dominates the view at the Albert I promenade. The Casino, a design by Leon Stynen (1953) stands on the spot where in 1875 the first casino already stood. The latter was destroyed during WWII. After the war it would still be eight years before the current building was erected. This…

Seamen's Memorial

The Seamen's Memorial (1953) can be found on the Zeeheldenplein. Each year the numerous fishermen from Oostende who died at sea are commemorated. This was also the location of the first lighthouse in Oostende (1771).

Venetian Galleries

In 1900, Belgian King Leopold II commissioned architect Henri Maquet to design the first royal gallery: an L-shaped, closed and covered walkway between the royal villa and a large octagonal salon. Nowadays it is known by the name ‘Venetian Galleries’, referring to Venice’s classicist architecture…